STEP with us on Etna from Siracusa.
Etna is the highest active volcano in Europe, actually about 3340 mt high. It dominates and characterizes Catania city showing an impressive and massive sight.
It is a complex volcanic system tecnically called stratovolcano, it's formed by many previous overlapping volcanic buildings whose formation began around 500,000 years ago.
Mount Etna, an Unesco site since 2013, offers to visitors amazing landscapes: lava deserts alternate with lush forests of oaks, pines and birches and vast grasslands of Etna astragalus an endemic plant of this volcano.
STEP guides will provide you with unique and unforgettable Etna excursions.
- Description of the characteristic flora of the volcanic environment
- Easy walking on inactive flank craters with a breathaking view
- visit of a fascinating "lava tube" with torch and helmets
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Excursion duration: 8:30 - 15:30
- Languages spoken: Italian and English
- Excursion available for minimum 2 people
- Temperature is from 10 to 15°C less than sea level
- hiking shoes or trainers
- waterproof jacket
- Layered clothing