STEP with us on Etna from Siracusa.
Etna is the highest active volcano in Europe, actually about 3340 mt high. It dominates and characterizes Catania city showing an impressive and massive sight. It is a complex volcanic system tecnically called stratovolcano, it's formed by many previous overlapping volcanic buildings whose formation began around 500,000 years ago.
Mount Etna, an Unesco site since 2013, offers to visitors amazing landscapes: lava deserts alternate with lush forests of oaks, pines and birches and vast grasslands of Etna astragalus an endemic plant of this volcano.
STEP guides will provide you with unique and unforgettable Etna excursions.
- Description of the characteristic flora of the volcanic environment
- Easy walking on inactive flank craters with a breathaking view at around 2000mt
- visit of a fascinating "lava tube" with torch and helmets
- sampling of typical sicilian products such as olive oil, wine, honey, etc...
- Difficulty: 2/5
- Excursion duration: 8:30 - 15:30
- Languages spoken: Italian and English
- Price per person €85 - Excursion available for minimum 2 people
- Running days: Tuesday thursday and Sunday
- guided tour
- use of trekking poles
- use of torches and helmets for lava tube visit
- Hiking shoes or trainers
- Hat or cap
- Waterproof jacket
- Layered clothing
- free pick-up from our meeting place
- Temperature is from 10 to 15°C less than sea level
- Good health and not suffering in heart issues and/or cardio-respiratory system it is necessary to participate in our excursions
- In the event of adverse weather conditions, the path may be subject to changes.