Pantalica is one of the most representative sites of Hyblean area. In this reserve, nature, history and archeology blend offering visitors an opportunity to experience a unique and charming environment. A necropolis , dating back to the Bronze Age (Unesco World Heritage site), rises high with his white and sheer limestone cliffs with 5000 tombs dug in the rock. The river of Anapo flows in the valley and it constitutes the ideal habitat for a rare native salmonid: "the macrostigma trout".
- Description of the flora and fauna of the area
- Visit of the cave late medieval constructions
- Overview of the 5 necropolis
- Difficulty: variable according to your own needs
- Excursion duration: 9:30 - 16:00
- Languages spoken: Italian and English
- Excursion available for minimum 2 persons
- Hiking or trainers shoes
- Hat or cap according to the seasons
- Waterproof jacket
- Swimsuit in summer
Good health and not suffering in heart issues and/or cardio-respiratory system it is necessary to participate in our excursions
In the event of adverse weather conditions, the path may be subject to changes.